Friday, June 19, 2009

A special friend took me away for my birthday to the Gaslamp District in San Diego. Been to the Gaslamp District before and it always proves to be a good time! Well this particular time, we went to a restaurant by the name of Blue Point. So anyways, I had the menu special - Ahi Duo. It happens to be the highest priced line item on the menu and IT SUCKS! It was recommended by the waiter and for $33.00, I was very disappointed. On the other hand, my friend ordered a menu special - the Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut - and it was amazing. I definitely give that a 2 thumbs up! Despite my shitty meal, I try to see the positive in things and their martini's were amazing! Being the booze hound I am, that made my visit MUCH better... They pour a mean martini and leave the rest on ice to chill. Love love.

If you're on a first date, I highly recommend sitting at the front by the fish tank (in case his convo sucks). Overall......... tacky decor, bomb ass oysters on the half shell and 50/50 menu items. I'm very mixed about this place. Our waiter Dave, from Sacramento, was sweet and the teamwork was good, but it really lacked something for me.

~LP

No comments:

Post a Comment